Teacher: Melissa Lucas
Tuesday evenings 7:30-8:30 pm (1 hour) (Pacific Time)
Spring term 2022: April 12th to May 31st
Online format: Zoom only
Note: There will be no class on May 3rd, but students will be provided with self-study videos and homework equivalent to 1 hour class time for that day.
Registration is closed
In this class, students will:
* learn the basics of pronunciation
* learn vocabulary for use in simple conversations about common themes
* explore Danish culture, like Denmark’s geography
* practice reading aloud and speaking to others in short dialogues
* engage with the Danish language in a supportive, fun, and relaxed atmosphere
About the instructor
The teacher for this class is Melissa Lucas. Melissa has a unique blend of skills to help you learn Danish. Her degrees include a PhD in Scandinavian Studies, MA in Linguistics, and MS in Speech Pathology. Having initially learned Danish as an exchange student in college, Melissa is particularly aware of the pitfalls and difficulties Americans face when tackling Danish as an adult. She is well equipped to help you avoid these traps, and absolutely loves doing it! She has taught Danish to college students and community members in the Seattle area for 15 years.