The 40th Annual DACR
June 22nd to June 24th 2018
Location: Menucha Retreat and Conference Center, Corbett, Oregon
Click here to see the photos from DACR 2018 on Facebook.
See the program details here.
- Inga Wiehl, Book Talk- Tower Blues: Solving the Riddle of Confinement
- Eric Nelson, New Nordic Museum
- Marianne Stecher, Hans Christian Andersen – The Danish Soldier and the War of 1864
- Kristian Naesby, The Golden Era of Danish Silent Films
- Christian Holtz, Viking Navigation… How They Did It!
- Kyle Dittmer, Eldercare and Dementia – USA vs. Denmark
- For more details about each speaker and topic, see the DACR 2018 Program
Evening entertainment and more:
2018 evening entertainment: Danish sensation, Jessica Lynne! Optional Danish classes have also been added to the program.
Jessica Lynne: Sometimes authentic country music artists do not grow up in what we would consider hotbeds of country music. Sometimes they grow up in Haslev, Denmark, the native town of current Seattle resident, Jessica Lynne, a sensational and rising country star and one of London Tone Music’s most successful artists.
Danish classes by Aaase Beaulieu. Optional classes for those who would like to learn some Danish at the retreat!
Thank you to our 2018 DACR sponsor: The University of Washington Center for West European Studies!
DACR: A Pacific Northwest tradition
Enjoy a look back at past programs from DACR (previously Danish Cultural Conference – DCC).
Read about the 40th annual DACR in The Little Mermaid: Volume 1 Issue 2018/2019.
Claus Windelev’s drawing and Facebook post about DACR 2015: