Help a child in Denmark
Our PenPal Program is a new program in collaboration with KonTiki Skole in Hillerød, Denmark. A class of 19 students at the school, ages 9 to 11, are taking an English language course. This PenPal program is to help the kids practice their English!
Sorry, this program is now full!***
How it works:
1. Sign up for the PenPal Program and we will match you with a student aged 9 to 11 in the English language course at KonTiki Skole in Hillerød, Denmark.
2. We will send you detailed instructions via e-mail regarding how letters will be sent and received.
3. The child you are matched with will write you a letter. Respond within 2 weeks by returning your letter to the NWDA office.
4. We will collect the letters from all our U.S. PenPals and send them to KonTiki Skole. The children will receive and read their letters as a group!
5. Your Danish PenPal will respond to your letter, and you’ll send one last letter back to the child before the semester ends.
Establish a fun friendship via snail mail with a child in Denmark! Click here to sign up now:
-Anyone is welcome to sign up! We welcome all ages. Some of the Danish students may have more trouble with English, in which case they will be matched with native Danish speakers.
-Program participants will write and receive 2 letters per semester
-Become an “American Grandparent”! For our ElderCare program, elders who would like to be matched with a child enter this program as an “American Grandparent” to the child.
Questions? E-mail Line Larsen at Line@nwdanish.org or call the NWDA office at 206-523-3263
Our very own Danish-American country star and longtime friend of NWDA, Jessica Lynne, performed at the KonTiki Skole September 2018:
Your new PenPals – The KonTiki Skole children singing karaoke in their English class: