Each year the Association awards scholarships to young students who reside in either Washington or Oregon for their education studying Danish language and literature, arts and crafts, history, political science, and other degrees. For almost 20 years, our scholarship awards have helped make educational dreams a reality.
Through its scholarship program, the Northwest Danish Association seeks to:
- Continue the traditions of education and career opportunity that are found in both the United States and Denmark
- Encourage students in the states of Washington and Oregon to pursue their highest individual levels of achievement
- Support the potential need in today’s environment to prepare for a variety of careers in a lifetime
- Acknowledge the value of a broad range of educational purposes from mastering basics needed for pursuing specialized knowledge and skills
- Recognize the worth of careers that enrich individual and community life and/or entertain
- Provide financial assistance for a variety of expenses related to a program of study
Preference is given to students who have volunteered and shown exceptional involvement in Northwest Danish Association activities.
The scholarship application period for 2022-2023 is on hold. Please check back at a later date.
Accompanying reference letters do not have to be postmarked by the deadline date and can be sent directly to the NWDA office by the author. Please be sure the reference letters are sent to the Scholarship Committee ATTN: Edith Christensen and indicate which applicant they are written for. Please attempt to have all reference letters submitted by the end of May, if possible, so the committee has all materials available to review.